Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fu Run: Dead to the civilized world

This evening, a good friend told me about a recent visit to Fu Run (40-09 Prince St., Flushing) where said friend was subjected to the most abysmally bad behavior - in fact, the term "bad behavior" doesn't begin to describe it  - by both patrons and management alike.  While I'm not at liberty to go into the details, I was sufficiently shocked by what I was told (and let me tell you, I don't shock easily) that I feel I must rescind any past recommendations that anyone patronize this establishment.

Anyway, the old chef is now at the excellent new Lao Dong Bei (44-09 Kissena Blvd., Flushing 11355, 718-539-4100).  I haven't blogged about this place yet, but plan to soon.  In the meantime you can read a bit about it on Joe DiStefano's wonderful new website, Chopsticks and Marrow.

No comments: