Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hong Kong Royal

I felt like dim sum yesterday and ended up at Hong Kong Royal in Carrollton, a northern suburb of Dallas. I had no idea there was such good dim sum out in the provinces!

I ordered three of my favorites, and each one was excellent. The taro puffs were perfectly fried - the lightest I've ever tried. The ground pork filling was enlivened with a bit of preserved vegetable.


My all-time favorite dim sum item, sticky rice steamed in lotus leaf, was top-notch. It can be a bit tricky to get right, but this was steamed the right amount of time, with lots goodies like black mushroom, roast pork, and Chinese sausage inside.


The fried glutinous rice shrimp and pork dumpling was also exemplary. Slightly crispy, chewy - almost light.


I would be thrilled to be served dim sum this good anywhere in NYC.

Dim sum is served all day, from carts until 3 p.m., to order after that. Not cheap, but the quality makes it a great value.

Hong Kong Royal
3030 N. Josey Lane, Carrollton, TX 75007
972-492-9999

website

No comments: